Is it time to replace your knifes?
Here are 5 quick tips on keeping your knife in top shape for longer.
1. Handle knives with respect: Knives can be damaged if they are handled carelessly.
2. Keep knives sharp: Learn the proper techniques for both sharpening and honing knives. A sharp knife not only performs better, but is safer to use because less effort is required to cut through the food.
3. Keep knives clean: Clean knives thoroughly, immediately after using them. Sanitize the entire knife, including the handle, bolster, and blade, as necessary, so that the tool will not cross-contaminate food. Do not clean knives in a dishwasher.
4. Use an appropriate cutting surface:Cutting directly on metal, glass, or marble surfaces will dull and eventually damage the blade of a knife. To prevent dulling, always use wooden or composition cutting boards.
5. Keep knives properly stored. There are a number of safe, practical ways to store knives, including in knife kits or rolls, slots, racks, and on magnetized holders. Storage systems should be kept just as clean as knives.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.