Shun Hikari 8″ Chef’s Knife
Named Hikari after the Japanese word for “illumination,” this masterfully crafted, lightweight chef’s knife is distinguished by its stunning birch PakkaWood handle and “hornet’s nest” pattern. Extraordinarily sharp with a long-lasting edge, the blade’s micro serrations reduce friction for clean, effortless slices that enhance the flavor of the food. This chef’s knife is a must-have for heavy-duty cutting tasks, and its broad blade is useful in transferring chopped items to the pot.
- Named 2016’s Kitchen Knife of the Year.
- Dual-core stainless steel blades are clad on each side with 71 micro layers of high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel to create a “hornet’s nest” pattern reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edges, hand-sharpened to a 16-degree angle, are long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Polished bolster promotes a comfortable chef’s grip.
- Durable birch PakkaWood handle resists moisture and bacteria and has a beautiful low-gloss finish.
- Embossed endcap adds beauty and balance.
- Handle offers a superb grip for both left- and right-handed users.
- Handcrafted in Japan.